Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pepsi Relaunch


Pepsi is currently delivering a multi-million dollar re-branding campaign. The logo is different. The message is different. Everything old is new again. The 80's is back. Personally, I thought that was one decade incapable of experiencing a recurrence. 

What I want Pepsi to do is not waste its time on changing the advertising. I want them to relaunch the product, and bring back Pepsi Clear. Consumers are willing to take a risk nowadays. Much more so than in the early 90's. Just look at how many different flavours we accepted into the mainstream. Pepsi Blueberry, Pepsi Vanilla, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Cherry/Vanilla Pepsi. I never thought any of those flavours would actually take off, but I was very wrong. Try it again Pepsi. Bring back the translucent soda.

In the horrible economic climate we are currently living in, I can't think of a better way to bring some much needed joy into people's lives. Stop worrying about mortgage payments and 401k's. Think about Pepsi Clear. Think of how much money consumers would save. "No need to purchase Coke and Sprite this week, dear. We can just get Pepsi Clear and have the best of both worlds. I like staring diabetes in the face, and you enjoy tricking yourself into thinking your having something healthy (soda vs. water). I think Pepsi just saved our marriage." There's nothing like a rebranding, capable of putting a little "pop" back into holy matrimony.  

No comments:

Post a Comment