Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why does Mr. TV lie late at night?



You have no idea how much I want all informercials to be accurate. Through high school I had trouble falling asleep, so the Magic Bullets and "Set it and forget its" of the world got me through the night. I started thinking about what the informercial is. It's basically a 30 minute long commercial, that's separated by 2 minute mini commercials about how to order (and if you act now!). It's quite clear the reason they need 30 minutes of spin doctoring is because the product just isn't very good. There's no way it can make good of all its claims, because if it did, it wouldn't be airing at 3am. I really really wanted to be able to make Strawberry Daiquiri's and Alfredo sauce in my Magic Bullet, but it just wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment